Position Description & Application
Responsibilities include assisting field efforts for freshwater mussel surveys, snorkeling and diving, stream assessments, agency coordination, data entry and analysis, and technical report writing support.
Requirements for Entry Level Biologist or Malacologist in Training:
- Minimum B.S. degree in the Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, or related field
- Ability to read and interpret resource mapping
- Experience with technical report writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time during field season (through October 31)
- SCUBA Certification and/or ability to swim, and comfortably work in aquatic environments, and low visibility conditions.
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)