Position Website and Application Information
Job Purpose: Serve as primary facilitator to implement Reduction In Motion's sustainability programs at one or more of our client facilities. The selected candidate will ensure our programs are running smoothly and efficiently, and make sure our clients are satisfied with the level of service they are receiving. The Sustainability Facilitator will spend most of their time at client facilities to accurately monitor the sustainability programs in place, and to be on hand to mitigate any issues that may arise from the client.
Travel Required: Yes
Will Train Applicant: Yes
COVID Vaccination Required: Yes
Location: Most of our clients are located in Baltimore and DC Metro areas; these are the areas where most of the time will spent in the first year while learning the role. After gaining the necessary experience, there could be opportunities to travel to out of state clients to complete projects as needed. Allotted office time to complete administrative tasks would be spent at our office located in Fallston, MD; office time is limited, typically one day per week at the most, and will likely be less during the first 90-day training/probationary period.
Benefits Offered: Yes. Health insurance coverage and 401k plan options are available. Paid time off starts at 80 hours per year after the 90-day probationary period, plus 24 hours of paid time off for sick days/community service opportunities. There are typically nine paid holidays throughout the year plus half-day Fridays in July and multiple team outings!
Salary: Starts at $45,000. There is an opportunity for a pay increase on an annual basis and performance reviews are completed twice each year.
- Design and implementation of cost saving waste management and sustainability programs
- Develop task and project budgets
- Coordinate implementation of new accounts
- Public Speaking: Conduct In-Servicing of up to 70 people on a regular basis
- Deploy new sustainability programs at client facilities
- Investigate waste stream processes
- Respond to client requests and issues as needed
- Ability to perform tasks as necessary outside of job description when called upon
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) preferred. Three or more years’ experience in waste/sustainability management may be substituted for degree.
- Strong customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to be a creative and innovative thinker
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Willingness to work off hours and weekends on occasion (25% of the time)
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to walk up to six (6) miles per day
- Abides by a Green lifestyle
- Residing in close proximity to the Baltimore Metro Area (no relocation compensation)
- Must be willing to work in the healthcare environment (many of our clients are hospitals)
- Requires mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on healthcare customer requirements