This page contains resources related to the EITP training "Mindfulness, Breath, and Yoga In Your Early Intervention Practice: Practical Strategies for the EI Provider".
References and Resources: Books
- Collins, Britt. Sensory Yoga for Kids: Therapeutic Movement for Children of All Abilities. Sensory Resources, 2015.
- Flynn, Lisa. Yoga for Children. Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2013.
- Garabedian, Helen. Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers and Preschoolers: 8-Minute Routines to Help Your Child Grow Smarter, Be Happier, and Behave Better. Hachette Books, 2008.
- Grabedian, Helen. Itsy Bitsy Yoga: Poses to Help Your Baby Sleep Longer, Digest Better, and Grow Stronger. New York, NY: Fireside, 2004.
- Hanson, Rick. Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications, 2011.
- Siegel, Daniel J MD, and Bryson, Tina Payne, PhD. The Whole-Brain Child, New York, NY: Bantam Books Trade Paperbacks, 2012.
- Trivell, Lisa. I Can’t Believe it’s Yoga for Kids. New York, NY: Hatherleigh Press, 2000.
- Weis, Sara J. GOGO Yoga for Kids: Yoga Lessons for Children. Self Published www.gogyogal.com, 2018.
- Wenig, Marsha. YogaKids: Educating the Whole Child Through Yoga, New York, NY: Stewart, Tabori and Chang, 2003.
- Yaffa, Angel and Gopala. Teaching Rainbow Kids Yoga The Complete Toolbox for all Children and Family Yoga Teachers
References and Resources: Websites
Child Development and Physical Activity
Relaxation, Visualization and Meditation
References and Resources: Materials
Yoga Teacher Training
Children's Books You Might Like
- Alphabreaths: The ABCs of Mindful Breathing by Christopher Willard and Daniel Rechtschaffen
- Good Morning Yoga: A Pose by Pose Wake-up Story by Mariam Gates
- I am Peace: A Book of Mindfulness by Susan Verde
- I am Yoga by Susan Verde
- Meddy Teddy™ Mindful Poses for Little Babies
- Mindful Moments at Bedtime by Paloma Rossa
- Yoga Bug (board book) by Sarah Jane Hinder
- Zoo Zen: A Yoga Story for Kids by Kristin Fisher
- This list is not comprehensive, but feel free to be inspired by books you already have to tell your own yoga story!
Music and Videos
You can search YouTube, Spotify, or any streaming service for playlists around "mindful breathing", "yoga", "coffeehouse music", etc.
An abbreviated version of the PPT slides are available and organized by topic chronologically to help with your learning.