A total of five awards were made in the College's third COVID-19 Seed Funding competition. Gift funds will support projects focusing on one of three priority areas: (1) Supplemental funding for prior COVID-19 Seed Grants; (2) Transition-focused, preparing for post-pandemic research; or (3) Theoretical or methodological innovations.
Each project funded in the Spring 2021 competition is receiving up to $10,000 to conduct immediate research activities and to prepare competitive applications for external research support.
The awards are as follows:
- Latinx Transnational Family Contributions to Students' Academic Well-Being. Idalia Nunez Cortez, Curriculum & Instruction, PI
- COVID-19 Risk Mitigation: Interactive Automatic Counselor. Dan Morrow, Educational Psychology, PI; Mark Hasegawa-Johnson, Grainger College of Engineering, Co-PI; Suma Bhat, Grainger College of Engineering, Co-PI; H. Chad Lane, Educational Psychology, Co-PI; Eugene Cox, Informatics Program, Graduate Student
- Do Social, Emotional and Behavioral Skills Predict Students’ Sustained Community Volunteering? A Longitudinal Evaluation of We CU. Christopher Napolitano, Educational Psychology, PI; Brent Roberts, Center for Social and Behavioral Science, Co-PI; Emily Stone, Bureau of Educational Research, Co-PI; Madison Sewell, Educational Psychology, Graduate Student; Erin Budesheim, Educational Psychology, Graduate Student
- Transition Planning for Technology-Enhanced Learning Research in K12 Classrooms. Robb Lindgren, Curriculum & Instruction, PI; Barbara Hug, Curriculum & Instruction, Co-PI; Cynthia D'Angelo, Curriculum & Instruction, Co-PI; Grace Yun, Curriculum & Instruction, Graduate Student
- The HigherEd COVID response (HECR) Study Evaluation of Higher Education Institutional Responses During COVID-19 on Student Sociocultural Factors—Wave 2. Nidia Ruedas-Gracia, Educational Psychology, PI; Rodney Hopson, Educational Psychology, Co-PI; Ananya Tiwari, Educational Psychology, Graduate Student; Shiyu Sun, Educational Psychology, Graduate Student
For detailed descriptions of all seed projects supported, please visit COVID-19 Seed Awards.