The Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program (URAP) is a program that offers undergraduate students who have no or minimal experience with research an opportunity to work with graduate students and post-doctoral scholar mentors on their research projects. This program runs through spring, requires enrollment in GC 295 Introduction to Research (3 credit course) and 5-6 hours of work with mentors on programs each week.
Informational meetings about the 2022-2023 URAP program are happening soon:
- September 15 from 3 - 4pm.
David Kinley Hall, Room 123
- September 23 from 3 - 4pm.
Lincoln Hall, Room 1002
The list of research projects for this year have many with a focus on Sustainable Design Research Mentors 2022/23
Some that might be of particular interest to Sustainable Design students:
- Project 02 - repurposing non-recyclable plastics into asphalt pavement
- Project 03 - Ultra High Performance Concrete
- Project 04 - community resilience to natural hazards and pre-disaster preparations
- Project 17 - Locally sources aggregates for asphalt
- Project 32 - Algal wastewater treatment technology
- Project 35 - Sustainable Energy Production
- Project 50 - "interaction among species in ecological communities"
- Project 55 - Value of Grasslands
- Project 60 - Electronic Vehicles
If you are interested, read the entire program contents to understand all of the qualification and responsibility requirements before you apply. Applications are due October 6 by 11:59p.