EITP Virtual Office Hours are held the first Tuesday of the month from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Central Time.
For individuals new to the early intervention system, it is common for questions to arise when learning the ropes. The Early Intervention Training Program recognizes this, and we are excited to announce another level of support: EITP Virtual Office Hours! On the first Tuesday of each month, from 3-4pm, new providers will have the opportunity to ask questions about our field and our work. EITP team members and partners will be available to answer your questions and provide clarification, guidance and support as you familiarize yourself with the EI program beyond the Systems Overview. You may call in every month or intermittently, as it suits you. There is no fee for this service, and no credit hours will be awarded. This is open to providers in their first year. No question is too small! We are here for you!
EITP Virtual Office Hours are intended for new early interventionists within the first year on the job.
The objectives are as follows:
- Provide a space for new to EI personnel to get answers to questions about their new role in the EI system.
- Provide an avenue for resource sharing with new to EI personnel.
- Provide a space for new to EI personnel to feel grounded, connected in a large system, resources.
How do I join?
To participate in EITP Virtual Office Hours you will need the following:
- An internet connection
- A tablet or computer
- A telephone if your tablet/computer do not have a working microphone and speakers
We encourage you to join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start time to ensure you can get into the online meeting room and ensure the technology works for you.
EITP Virtual Office Hours are held in a Zoom Meeting Room.
What to expect?
- EITP Virtual Office Hours will be led by EITP staff.
- Other EI Partners, such as Provider Connections and the Central Billing Office may also be present as their schedules permit them to participate.
- There will be time for introductions, a review of questions that have been submitted via the pre-survey and an opportunity to discuss any additional questions that you seek answers.
- Each session will close with a review of additional resources to consider exploring and a brief survey to provide feedback on your experience.
How should I prepare?
- Complete the pre-survey prior to the session you wish to participate in: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EITPOfficeHours-PreSurvey
- If possible, please complete the pre-survey at least 2 days prior to the session you plan to participate in so EITP has time to review and prepare for your specific questions.
- Make a list of any additional questions you identify and be ready to engage and interact with EITP staff as they listen to your questions and provide answers to their best ability.
- You will have the ability to use the “chat” feature to write in your questions and depending on the group size you may be able to use your voice to speak so you may want to join from quiet place that allows you to unmute yourself when appropriate.
Upcoming Dates for EITP Virtual Office Hours
February 4, 2020
March 3, 2020
April 7, 2020
May 5, 2020
June 2, 2020
Key Resources and Tips