Resources for the online version of System Overview Follow-up (SOFU) training held in Zoom meeting room. After the training, if you need additional support, please join us for our New to Early Intervention (EI) Forum.
Page sections (click on a section title to link to that section):
Prerequisites for Virtual Training:
Please the following activities in addition to the usual SOFU prerequisites:
Be prepared to discuss these activities at the training. Estimated times to complete the activities are listed.
Review How to Participate in Zoom (pdf) handout (5 minutes).
- Watch the Introduction to EI video and note examples of our shared EI principles/philosophy you see within the video (10-15 minutes).
- Complete the worksheet Where Do You Stand (Word doc) (5 minutes).
- Complete the IFSP worksheets (Google doc) as you view the selected IFSP videos (total 1-1.5 hour):
Outline and Links from SOFU Training:
Early Intervention System
Related Video: Introduction to Early Intervention (from EITP)
III. Illinois Early Intervention System
IDHS Bureau of Early Intervention
- Part C Coordinator (Ann Frieburg)
- EI Ombudsman (Chelsea Guillen)
Illinois Interagency Council on Early Intervention
Child & Family Connections (CFC)
Services in Illinois (Sweet16)
Family Guide from IDHS:
IV. Teaming and Collaboration
Collaboration and Teaming resources
At a Glance: Child and Family Outcomes
Family Outcomes (ECTA)
EI Process (Family Journey)
- Multidisciplinary Approach
- Assessment Tools
- Authentic Assessment
- Report Format
- IFSP document: The IFSP pages will download as Word document. You will see a pop-up window asking you where to download the file.It will not open in the browser. The file opens up by finding your downloaded file, and opening it in Word.
- The EI IFSP Process Flowchart
- Illinois Policy and Procedure - Ch 12 of CFC Procedure Manual
- IFSP Meeting
Transition or Exiting EI
EI Payments and Billing
Paying for Early Intervention (Family)
Billing for Early Intervention (Providers)
Working in Early Intervention
Taking Care of Yourself
Partnering with Families