Resources for the online version of System Overview Follow-up (SOFU) training held in Zoom meeting room. After the training, if you need additional support, please visit us during our EITP Virtual Office Hours.
Prerequisites for Virtual Training:
Please the following activities in addition to the usual SOFU prerequisites:
Be prepared to discuss these activities at the training. Estimated times to complete the activities are listed.
Review How to Participate in Zoom (pdf) handout (5 minutes).
- Watch the Introduction to EI video and note examples of our shared EI principles/philosophy you see within the video (10-15 minutes).
- Complete the worksheet Where Do You Stand (Word doc) (5 minutes).
- Complete the IFSP worksheets (Google doc) as you view the selected IFSP videos (total 1-1.5 hour):
Early Intervention System
Related Video: Introduction to Early Intervention (from EITP)
III. Illinois Early Intervention System
IDHS Bureau of Early Intervention
- Part C Coordinator (Ann Frieburg)
- EI Ombudsman (Chelsea Guillen)
Illinois Interagency Council on Early Intervention
Child & Family Connections (CFC)
Services in Illinois (Sweet16)
Family Guide from IDHS:
IV. Teaming and Collaboration
Collaboration and Teaming resources
At a Glance: Child and Family Outcomes
Family Outcomes (ECTA)
EI Process (Family Journey)
- Multidisciplinary Approach
- Assessment Tools
- Authentic Assessment
- Report Format
Transition or Exiting EI
EI Payments and Billing
Paying for Early Intervention (Family)
Billing for Early Intervention (Providers)
Working in Early Intervention
Taking Care of Yourself
Partnering with Families